Wednesday 19 November 2014

Week 15: Writing Post

This class was very interesting to me because I had no idea what to expect. I had no clue what might be done for writing assignments, having never been in one of these classes before. Anyway, I did not like how there was writing every day, but I understand that this is how online classes are able to work. It was a very in-depth and detailed approach to grading and understanding the material. I did enjoy the majority of the assignments. I particularly enjoyed the Storytelling and Storybook assignments.

This class helped open doors in terms of experimenting with my writing and what I am capable of. My entire Storybook was in poem, which was new for me, and I had never worked on retelling other stories before, so the creative muscles in my brain were able to exercise a bit. Plus, the essay portion helped keep things formal (even though my essays were not very formal at all), and it was a nice array of different writing options each week. I think this was vital in making the class enjoyable.

The writing assignments for this class did leave a good impression on the class as a whole for me. I think it was great getting to write for a class, because I enjoy writing almost as much as I enjoy reading. Plus, the relaxed feel of the class helped make things easy. I think this class is very beneficial for any aspiring writer, or just for anyone who likes a good narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment