Wednesday 19 November 2014

Week 15: Reading Post

Honestly, this class was much better than I was expecting. Not that I expected it to be bad or anything, but I had never taken an online class before and it was much easier going than I had thought it would be at first. I did think some of the readings were a little long, but that may just be because I had such a busy schedule that the readings seemed to take forever or there wasn't enough time to successfully get through without scrambling. I did enjoy them, regardless of the length, and I would recommend them to anyone.

The one idea that stood out to me, in terms of improvement, is the thought of doing an anthology option where stories are compiled because of their thematic similarities. I think this would add a fun element to the class, and might be particularly helpful in regards to Storybook ideas and things of that nature. Plus, it would be enjoyable to find various stories from different areas and think of how they might relate in that way. This would make the class a bit easier to follow, if you ask me.

I would like to address future students of this class with one piece of advice: do your best to get ahead! Because if you just do the work as it is due, you will be feeling so much pressure and like the entire class is one big, extra pile of crap you have to do instead of something really fun and enjoyable like it is intended to be. I definitely enjoyed the class overall, but there were moments when it became the biggest hassle I had on my plate during the semester. Get ahead. Then relax as it gets closer to the end of the semester.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, Chase, your advice made me laugh out loud which is SURELY a good sign. I am really glad you did these posts while finishing up: much appreciated! Thank you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete