Thursday 21 August 2014

Week 1: My Storybook Favorites

The first storybook I picked was The Unanswered Questions of Pooh and Friends. Personally, I love Winnie-the-Pooh. Is that something that a 24-year-old college student should admit to? Probably not. It's true, though, and that's what I loved about this storybook. It felt like an actual Pooh tale, but with the mixture of classic Aesop fables, it was just about perfect. The design of the website really helped the Pooh feel, with its red and yellow background and lettering.

The second storybook I chose was Robin of Sherwood: Sherwood's Side of the Story. Robin Hood has always been my favorite folktale. I think his story is really cool and he seems like a nice guy. However, I really enjoy stories where they dive into the other characters instead of just focusing on one. Again, the background and the making up of the website really help sell its storybook feel. Quite a fun little read.

The final storybook I looked at was The Untold Stories of Cleopatra VII. I know very little about Cleopatra. Let me reemphasize this - VERY little about Cleopatra. I really love Egyptian stuff. What little I know of the mythology and The Mummy movie series I have really enjoyed. Prior to reading this storybook, I actually did not know that Cleopatra died of a snake bite. Plus, this is another instance where you get to hear the "other side of the story", which makes for very entertaining reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment