Thursday 2 October 2014

Week 8 Reading Diary

From the looks of things, I am relatively satisfied with my Reading Diaries so far. Admittadly, I have missed a step in the process, as I have yet to actually put a link to my stories in the Reading Diary. I didn't know I was supposed to do that! Of course, I'm really bad about skimming over things. I need to go back through all my Reading Diaries and correct this error, which may take a little bit of time. However, that seems to me to be the only thing that is truly wrong with them, after glancing over the instructions for every reading diary...unless of course, I'm missing something else. I should glance over it again...

Moving forward, I think what really works for my Reading Diaries is how much like a diary they come out. I'm really good about thinking out loud, or at least conveying the idea of me thinking out loud, and I think that really shines through in my various Reading Diaries. However, I think I might could try keeping these a bit more focused than they are. I almost feel as though they are too "all over the place" to really be conducive to anything they might be used for.

I think the highlight of any single Reading Diary I do is that I make good use of finding connections with other myths and such as I progress through the semester. I think that helps me understand the class better and is important to future studies as well as how I handle different posts in this class throughout the week. All in all, I enjoy my Reading Diaries, but I sometimes wonder if I should completely revamp some things so that they are of better use to me when I do my essays or retellings each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment